Our next memorial vehicle is now completed and has been unveiled.
Our next memorial vehicle is in the design stages now and will be honouring fallen heroes PO2 Craig Blake and Cpl James Arnel.
The guardian of this vehicle is MCpl (Ret’d) Scott Stoll of Manitoba.
Look for her on the streets of Winnipeg and around Manitoba.
The time has come that we officially put the word out for donations for our retreat so if you can help us make this a reality then that’s great, below is a partial list that we will update as time goes on.
The property we are hoping to acquire is deep into the bush, we can only get there by a 4 wheel drive truck, ATV or snowmachine.
We also have to clear a trail into the property and clear a spot for our cabin.
We then need to build a small 4 season cabin.
Here is a list of items that we are looking to acquire if you can help out that’s appreciated.
- A four wheel drive pickup truck, condition does not matter, it does not even need to be roadworthy, we simply need one or two trucks to get into the land and haul materials around.
- ATV and Snowmachines. We can use a few of these as well, in order to bring in supplies and also for recreational purposes for our guests, what do you have that you can donate? We might even be able to do small repairs to machines that may need fixing up.
- Materials to build a cabin. We can build a 650 square foot cabin on this property, so if you are a builder, trades person or have anything that you can donate give it some thought and let us know! We also need all furnishings, dishes, etc… Anyone have a wood stove and pipe they can donate?
- Forestry equipment, we are in need of chain saws, skidder, bulldozer, and heavy equipment you can lend or donate. Anyone have a portable saw mill? Wouldn’t that be cool if we could mill our own lumber for the cabin!?
- People Power, yup now we get to the most important one of all we need YOU! We will no doubt have dozens if not hundreds of work parties to get the retreat built, so if you want to get outdoors and give back to our great Country then we can use you!
- Anything that you can think of that we have have missed or any questions you have for donations please drop us a message to : email@example.com
As you know we have been looking for years now for that right chunk of land or cabin to serve as our retreat, a place that front line responders, veterans, active members and families can go to relax, share stories and experiences, enjoy mother nature and all of its healing qualities.
We have always said mother nature is at times the best doctor, trees, rock, water, and being with those that have shared what we have been through, throw in some fishing, snowmobiling and other outdoor activities and we have something that all can experience to help the healing of PTSD related issues.
We have been looking at one property for months now and just talked with the real estate agent that has the listing.
It has a lot of what we are looking for but we will need Canadians to come together and make it even better for our needs, so if you are a trades person or just willing to share a hand as we mentioned beforehand, we can use your help!
The asking price is more than what we have in the bank, so the agent is calling the owner to see if he will help us out in achieving our goal.
Cross your fingers Canada, wouldn’t it be nice if we could make the announcement on Canada Day!?
UPDATE JUNE 26 2017 No Joy Canada the seller would not budge on his set price.
UPDATE AUGUST 4 2017 We have another piece of property that we are looking at, and have made an offer on it, cross your fingers!